Thursday, May 21, 2009

Quitting My Day Job!


Closeup
Originally uploaded by Sister Wend
Although I loved working at the bookstore, my hours were so cut back that it just made no sense to stay. Not when I can use Saturdays to sell my handmade jewellery and my new line of Funky Bali Jewellery at the Peterborough Farmers Market, from 7:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.

I am SO excited about deciding to just go full time as an artist. Of course, I can only do this because I am kept by Ed, but then so are Noke, Bobby, Aries and Tech and they don't seem to mind!

Being an artist as well as a Craft Trends columnist for Hand Made News does end up being full-time! There are things to make, first and foremost. That takes time. Then you have to take photos of the things you make, edit them, upload them, talk about them....post them to my Artfire shop, tag them, hopefully fill orders, submit stuff to Vote Handmade, research craft trends, build online networking relationships, write two columns a week, one feature article a month, make and take stuff down to Craft of Folk, make and print off and distribute business cards, posters, pick up Funky Bali Jewellery to sell at the Market, pack all the market stuff, unpack it, sell it all : D....

My mom (who will be 92 this July...she had me in her forties in case you are wondering how I manage to look so youthful...and you better be!) is going to work at the Market with me! Now that woman can sell stuff! I pity the fool that tries to resist her!

My pal, Debbie, @creativsoul, will also be there, with her gorgeous jewellery and craft supplies, so it is going to be a fantastic Summer just for the fun we girls will be getting up to!


Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations and good luck in your latest artistic adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I will keep you posted!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin