Monday, October 1, 2012

My Constant Crafting Companion

Here's a shot of one of the projects from the Goddess, Mermaid & Dancing Spirit Doll Workshop that I put together. I used Silver Shimmer Mod Podge as my glue and sealer, a product that I had never tried before. I love it! It adds this um...shimmer that...glows; not in the dark or anything but in a rich, shimmery way!  It seemed to dry really fast, too, which is great when you are inspired and working at a crazed pace!

Once my base of book pages was dry, I was able to add Ranger Distress Inks, Distress Stains and Dylusions Sprays to my heart's content. I was a bit concerned that, since Mod Podge is water soluble and the Ranger inks that I used react to water, there would be a mess, but it all worked together in love and harmony!

Man, I have been using Mod Podge since I was a kid, which tells ya how long the stuff has been around! (You have to be good to last that long!) Nothing says "crafting" like Mod Podge! I actually use it at least once a week.  Amy, over at Mod Podge Rocks, has a lot to offer in the way of inspiration and how-to's, so have a visit! You'll be surprised at all the new Mod Podge varieties!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin