photo courtesy of TangleCrafts
I wish I could remember how I came across Su Mwamba's TangleCrafts. Her site is a tangle of crafts, indeed! An eccentric combination of crafts, creative ideas, unexpected projects and compelling designs!
Strangely enough, it was Su's weaving zines that captured my attention ... I have a bit of a collection of french knitting tools....did you call it 'corking' when you were little? 4 nails in a wooden thread bobbin....wrap the wool around and around, the length feeds down through the hole in the bobbin....knitting jenny....love finding them at thrift stores.
Anywho, I discovered the Going Postal Project while poking around over there.....and am determined to participate! We have until the end of August to submit an ATC on any number of themes provided ... and the returns are delightful!
The themes are:
- an ATC with your interpretation of the theme ‘postal’
- an ATC with your interpretation of the theme ‘postage stamp’
- an ATC with your interpretation of the theme ‘mail art’
- a mini-zine featuring the ATC you have sent alongside at least 2 other people’s work on the same subject.
- May also feature your contribution in a gallery on the TangleCraft blog.
Are you going to design an ATC and send it to Su? Will you show us here too, please? Fun!